The aim of the course is to:
Provide the candidate with the knowledge and various practical skills involved in signing, lighting and guarding.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Provide candidates with the skills and knowledge necessary to sign, light and guard Streetworks and roadworks in line with the 2013 Code of Practice
Who do we recommend attends the course?
All personnel who require to have an understanding of the current Streetworks Code of Practice for Signing, Lighting and Guarding, under the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991.
Candidates will participate in theory and practical exercises covering:
- Legal requirements
- Types of works
- Basic principles of signing and guarding
- On-site risk assessment
- Single vehicle operating
- Works on footways
- Cycle lanes, cycle track and cycle routes
- Methods of traffic control
- Testing and operating portable traffic signals
- New signs
- Speed control
- Procedures for works near tramways and railways
- Planning a signing, lighting and guarding project
Course Duration: Depending on modules required
Certification – NRSWA, SQA, STS Group In-house Certification