The aim of the Scaffolding Inspection Course is to educate candidates on the basic skills, techniques and record keeping of scaffolding inspections. The course is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives responsible for inspecting scaffolds and completing reports in line with the relevant regulations.
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 requires the inspection of certain work equipment and places of work at height (r12 and 13 and Schedule 7). It also requires that every employer shall ensure that no person engages in any activity, including organisation, planning and supervision, in relation to working at height, or work equipment for use in such work unless they are competent to do so, or, if being trained, is supervised by a competent person.
This one-day Basic Scaffolding Inspection and Appreciation Course will give delegates a broad based training in the basic skills, techniques and record keeping of scaffolding inspections.
Who the course is aimed at:
- Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who are responsible for inspecting scaffolds and completing reports in accordance with statutory Regulations.
- Introduction / Pre Course Test Paper
- Statutory Instruments & Standards
- BS EN Standards relating to scaffolding.
- Definition of terms:
- Tubes and Fittings, types, uses and inspecting.
- Scaffold Boards, types, uses and inspecting.
- Ladders, inspecting, securing and using.
- Construction and layout of an Independent Tied Scaffolds
- Types of Ties, uses and methods of fixing.
- Reading Scaffold Drawings
- Inspection Procedures and Site Safety.
- Initial Inspection, Weekly Inspections and Record Keeping.
Practical Inspections by Delegates.
- Waste management
- How to be a good neighbour: statutory nuisance, communication Archaeology and heritage.
- Energy and resources Being a responsible contractor
Course Duration: 2 Day
Certification: In-house STS Group Certificate