The aim of the course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Reach Truck
The Objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Load and unload vehicles.
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and load.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of battery care (if applicable).
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Relevant regulations/ legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Limitations of use
- Load weight assessment
- Forklift truck stability
- Components and main truck types
- Driving a reach truck
- Recharging procedures
- Rated capacity chart
- Battery checks
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Emergency controls
- Operator’s safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets
- Working within a racking system
- Bulk stacking
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Introduction to hydraulics
- Theory and Practical Tests
Course Duration – Depending on Accreditation & Experience
Certification – NPORS, STS Group In-house Certification