The aim of the course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Vehicle Mounted Lift Trucks
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Load and unload vehicles.
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and load.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Limitations of use
- Load weight assessment
- Forklift truck stability
- Main truck types
- Refuelling procedures
- Operating in restricted areas
- Attaching/detaching from vehicle
- Correct use of stabilisers (if fitted)
- Battery checks
- Emergency controls
- Operator’s safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets
- Bulk stacking
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Safe use of hydraulics
- Pre-start inspection and maintenance
Course Duration – Depending on Accreditation & Experience
Certification – CPCS, NPORS, STS Group In-house Certification