The aim of the course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Forward Tipping Dumper.
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and the load
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions
- Be able to position the vehicle for loading from and dumping into excavations etc.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other current relevant legislation
Who do we recommend attends the Course?
- All personnel required to drive a Forward Tipping Dumper .
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises covering:
- An introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre–shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Driving, loading and unloading
Course Duration – Depending on Accreditation & Experience
Certification – CPCS, NPORS, STS Group Certificate