The aim of the course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a rigid chassis dump truck
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and the load
- Carry out a pre-start inspection
- Be able to position the vehicle for loading from and dumping into excavations etc.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under current relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises covering:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre-start inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Driving, loading and unloading
- Theory and Practical in accordance with awarding body certification
Course Duration – Depending on Accreditation & Experience
Certification – CPCS, NPORS, STS Group Certification