By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Carry out planning for selection of cranes, personnel and lifting equipment for the management of a lifting operation to the required standard.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of safe and appropriate techniques for planning lifting operations.
- Plan the lift including resources required to supervise, co-ordinate and control all types of lifting operations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Relevant legislation
- BS 7121
- British safety signals
- Cranes: types and terms
- Crane documentation
- Tower crane appreciation
- Role of an appointed person
- Control of the lifting operation
- Preparing lifting plans
- Manufacturers’ recommendations
- Safe planning of lifts
- Duties of a lifting supervisor
- Identification of suitable ground conditions
- Sequence of siting a crane
- Crane stability and duty charts
- •Safety devices
- Safe slinging
- Safe systems of work, including method statements
- Rigging and reeving
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Multi crane lifting
- CPCS theory preparation
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years, STS Group Certificate, NPORS