The aim of the Abrasive Wheels course is to provide candidates with the knowledge and skills involved in mounting and operating abrasive wheels. The course also aims to increase candidates risk awareness and the understanding of relevant legalisations.
The aim of the course is to:
- Train operators in the safe mounting and selection of Abrasive Wheels and Cutting Discs
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice
- Select and mount the appropriate disc for the work practice that is taking place
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation
Who do we recommend attends the course?
- All personnel required to operate portable grinders, bench grinder, stihl saws etc.
- Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises covering:
- Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to equipment
- Hazards and precautions to be observed when using abrasive wheels
- Wheel selection
- Storage, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Examination of abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Practical Protective Equipment
- Theory test
Course Duration: Half Day
Certification – NPORS, STS Group In-house Certification