To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating an Agricultural Tractor, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle plant components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces with mounted and trailed implements
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces with trailed and mounted implements
- Attach and set trailed implements ready for work
- Attach and set mounted implements ready for work
- Attach and set power take-off drives ready for work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operate a mounted or power-driven implement
- Remove and store trailed and mounted implements
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
To achieve the Red Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) Theory Test and the Practical Test.
Number of days depends on experience.
Certification – NPORS, STS Group Certification